This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wallet in glue and pain

Lots of sewing going on these past days! Not everything is blog-worthy (e.g. a blanket for our dog) but my new wallet certainly is!



I've been wanting to make a frame purse for ages, and I also knew I wanted to combine these fabrics. It still took me a few weeks of thinking to finally decide on this design. I wanted to use both fabrics on the outside, but just could not come up with a nice design. In the end I embellished the grey faux leather with seams in light blue, and used the blue flowers as lining.

I used a tutorial by Lisa Lam from U-handbag for instructions on how to make a frame purse. Let me tell you this: it's not as easy as it seems! She is not to blame though, I just went about it to quickly. She writes to be generous with the glue, and so I was. Within a few minutes there was glue all over my fingers, the fabric, the table... Made me feel like being in kindergarten again. I also glued the frame on before checking how it looked. I had to pull quite some stunts to get the lining right after that. Especially with this little coin pocket in the middle, which wasn't in the tutorial. I can't even begin to explain how it worked out, but luckily it did in the end!

3 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!