This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Haute Couture Tab Sleeve

I got an early birthday present from Stef last week: Claire Schaeffers' Couture Sewing Techniques! I've come across it on several other blogs, and it seems a must have for professional sewing.

I immediately put it to use. I had sewn a Galaxy Tab sleeve for a friend, but I wasn't too happy with the hem finishing. I was fascinated by Nette's hand-rolled hem, and now I could try it myself! Check out the before and after pics below.



Not too shabby for my first blind stitched hand rolled hem, don't you think? It's got nothing to do with haute couture ofcourse, but these kind of techniques do make me feel more like a professional!

P.S. The fabric is designed by my friend, check out his work here: Zeptonn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!